From Faith to Action: Strengthening Family and Community Care for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Sub-Saharan Africa
From Faith to Action (PDF download)
Endorsed by 32 organizations serving the needs of orphans and vulnerable children in Africa, this 36 page resource, illustrated throughout with colorful photos, provides an introduction to family and community-based care, including:
- What are the needs of orphans and vulnerable children?
- What is family and community-based care and why is it important?
- How are local churches and faith-based groups strengthening family care in their communities?
- What is the role of institutional care and how can it be supported to transition to family and community based responses?
- What are some basic guidelines for directing resources to those in need?
Click here to order hard copies of From Faith to Action.
I have recommended From Faith to Action to many people who wonder where to begin in responding to the needs of orphans and vulnerable children. This document highlights the importance of partnering with grassroots, faith-based organizations that are committed to family care. From Faith to Action cuts through the misconceptions that often surround this issue and presents important principles in a clear, concise format.
Lynne Hybels, Willow Creek Community Church
…I have seen first-hand how churches and faith-based groups in Africa are walking their faith by responding with great compassion and care to the needs of children and families. I believe that the Church here in the U.S. has an important role to play …We need to remember that every child is loved by God. From Faith to Action is a wonderful resource for all those with a heart for children.
Kay Warren, Saddleback Church
Please share your feedback with us: