Faith to Action Initiative, A Project of Tides Center
Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by January 25, 2019
Job Title: Director of Engagement
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $75,000 (with benefits)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Engagement works collaboratively with and in support of the Faith to Action Initiative’s (hereinafter “F2A”) Executive Director to develop and refine outreach strategy.
The Director of Engagement is an exempt position. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time in order to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote better practice in care for vulnerable children among U.S. Christian leadership (e.g., churches and denominations, faith-based organizations, universities, missions agencies), through outreach (e.g., online and in-person presentations, email, mailings, phone, in-person meetings, other).
- Continually develop, plan, facilitate, implement and refine multiple creative strategies to introduce F2A and our resources to more churches, faith-based organizations, donors, and universities currently responding to the needs of vulnerable children or interested in doing so.
- Work collaboratively with team to advance and refine F2A’s engagement with and advocacy to key faith audiences.
- Research and identify receptive audiences and develop strategies to make meaningful first contacts with them.
- Guide key contacts in transitioning their efforts to better support family-based care for OVC.
- Respond to inquiries received through email, social media, referrals, in-person contacts at conferences, and through online marketing campaigns, direct outreach, and mailing.
- Document exemplary OVC ministries and responses to feature in F2A podcasts, stories and other platforms.
- Facilitate monitoring and evaluation for outreach efforts.
- Prepare reports for LC and donors on outreach in conjunction with F2A team.
- Track dissemination and use of F2A materials and where possible, how these publications and tools are being used, by whom (e.g., pastors, mission groups, youth), and with what result.
- Must be able to travel – up to 20% – to attend conferences, team planning meetings, and other events; and must be able to travel by car, bus, train, and airplane.
- Evening and weekend hours will be required from time to time.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other responsibilities will be developed in conjunction strategic planning with the Executive Director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent job related experience is required.
- At least 3 years of conducting outreach to individuals and groups; experience working or volunteering with church and missions leadership is ideal.
- At least 5 years experience in writing content for various purposes and audiences (e.g., funder reporting, public outreach to and correspondence with different target groups and individuals).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good relational skills; comfortable in church circles; able to quickly establish rapport and build trust in personal relationships.
- Skilled coordinator of events and projects—detail-oriented and able to motivate.
- Agreement with the Faith to Action’s Guiding Principles for family care.
- Ability to work collaboratively with different members of the core team responsible for F2A’s goals and activities.
- Strong credibility, transparent, integrity and follow through, and self-directed.
- Knowledge of child wellbeing and principles, internationally informed guidelines for “better care” for vulnerable children (especially with respect to institutional vs. family care); and deep understanding of importance of family, family strengthening.
- Knowledge of key issues in faith-based engagement in OVC care globally, in alignment with a Christian faith perspective, but able to work in both faith-based and non-faith based contexts.
- A persuasive communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write from a Christian perspective for a Christian audience.
- Professionalism and a commitment to the highest ethical standards.
- Ability to work from home and provide self-direction and self-management.
The Director of Engagement interacts most frequently with the Executive Director, Project Manager, the F2A Leadership Council and Advisory Network, pastors and other church leadership, faith-based organizational leadership, and Christian university professors and staff.
While performing the duties of this job, the Director of Engagement is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, speak and hear. The position requires extensive computer use so the employee must have sufficient hand dexterity to use a computer keyboard and be capable of reading a computer screen. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The position is based in a home office setting. The person must provide his or her own computer. While on travel, the person will most frequently work from hotel rooms, conference centers, and airports.