Faith to Action will be attending and presenting at both the Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit and the International Wholistic Missions Conference. We hope you are able to join us to learn more about family-based care solutions.
Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit
May 4-5 // Nashville, TN
The Christian Alliance for Orphans (CAFO) Summit will welcome more than 2,500 orphan and vulnerable children advocates, pastors, and other faith-based leaders from over 25 countries for two-days of events, including pre-event intensives on May 3.
Summit includes plenary sessions with national and international speakers, networking opportunities, and workshops. Faith to Action will present at the “Effective Strategies for Transitioning to Family-Based Care” workshop where we will share strategies and free resources to facilitate transitioning from residential care to family-based care. Our workshop will address:
- Key considerations for transition planning;
- How to work in partnership with staff, partners, and donors to support the transition;
- Shifting the care model, including cultivating resources that fund the cost of the transition and reallocating current assets; and
- Child-centered case management, including gatekeeping mechanisms to ensure appropriate family placements, key steps in determining placements, and preparing children and families for the transition.
International Wholistic Missions Conference
May 3-5 // Phoenix, AZ
Since 2013, the International Wholistic Missions Conference has been facilitating connections and equipping churches and Christian organizations in supporting best practices for global missions. The conference includes exhibits, workshops, and targeted tracks including Faith to Action’s three-day family-based care track, “Orphans and Vulnerable Children: The Importance of Family.” The purpose of this track is to recognize the holistic needs of children and promote best practices among those supporting global orphan care. Workshops in this track will include:
- Care for Orphans and Vulnerable Children: Children Grow Best in Families
- Innovative Models in Global Ministry for Orphans and Vulnerable Children
- Developing Strategic Partnerships for Orphans and Vulnerable Children
- Transition Toward Family-Based Care
- Rethinking Orphanage Visits to Create Child Safe Mission Trips
Presenters include our friends and partners from Alliance for Children Everywhere, Bethany Christian Services, Buckner International, Maestral International, and World Orphans.
Consider inviting pastors and missions leaders you know.