Faith to Action Initiative, A Project of Tides
Position Description: Digital Communications Intern
Application: To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, May 27
Organizational Overview: The Faith to Action Initiative serves as a resource for Christian groups, churches, and individuals seeking to respond to the needs of orphans and vulnerable children around the world. The core focus of our work is to encourage action that is informed by evidence-based “best practice” and that recognizes and upholds the vital importance of family and community in the life of every child. We believe that children grow best in the love and care of families. In the past, building orphanages has often been a “first response” to meeting children’s needs. Today, there is a growing movement within the Christian church to strengthen family-based care for children in need. The Faith to Action Initiative celebrates this movement and works to support it. We offer practical tools and resources, inspiring stories and examples, and up-to-date information on key strategies and research to help guide action. We seek to engage and equip churches and individuals through our website, publications, conference workshops and webinars.
Position overview: The Communications Internship offers students with an interest in social media and digital communications a focus on writing, editing, and design for the Faith to Action (“F2A”) website and social media platforms. An interest in global family-strengthening and supporting vulnerable children in families is preferred.
- Drafting Tweets and Facebook and Instagram posts
- Drafting posts for the website requiring research, writing, and publishing
- Performing an assessment of F2A’s social media and suggesting improvements
- Updating Search Engine Optimization when necessary
- Updating various social marketing platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Researching and writing stories for publication on social media on individuals making a difference in family-based care
- Attending meetings with family-based care organizations to take notes and learn
- Making edits to existing content on websites and blogs
- Assisting the preparation of publications and/or outreach materials
- Updating weblinks on website
- Performing administrative assignments
- Must be enrolled in a degree program and/or have been accepted to enter an advanced degree program within the next year.
- Must be able to devote 10 hours a week to the internship
- Applicants should possess a proactive and self-motivated style
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding research skills and familiarity with InDesign, Canva, and/or other design software
- Ideal candidates will have a deep commitment to seeing children cared for in families
The position requires extensive computer use so the intern must have sufficient hand dexterity to use a computer keyboard and be capable of reading a computer screen.
Internship Environment: The position is based in a home office setting. The intern will need to provide their own computer and office supplies.