Faith to Action Initiative,
A Project of Tides Center
Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 8, 2021
Job Title: Outreach Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Programs
FLSA Status: Exempt
Time: Temporary Full-time
Length of Employment: 12 months
Benefits: Health insurance, sick leave, retirement benefits
POSITION SUMMARY: The Outreach Coordinator works collaboratively with and in support of the Faith to Action Initiative’s (hereinafter “F2A”) Director of Programs to implement outreach to key audiences.
The Outreach Coordinator is an exempt position. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time in order to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gain and foster new contacts and promote family care to US Christian audiences through outreach (e.g., online and in-person presentations, email, mailings, phone, in-person meetings, other).
- Guide contacts in redirecting their efforts to support family-based care for orphaned and vulnerable children through relational engagement and sharing F2A resources.
- Strategize and design efforts to engage the US Christian audience.
- Implement strategies to engage the US Christian audience, including the annual Journeys of Faith virtual study group.
- Research and identify new audiences and develop strategies to make meaningful first connections with them.
- Conduct presentations online and in-person on the importance of family care and better short-term missions.
- Proactive management of outreach relationships, utilizing the customer relationship management tool (zoho.com), as well as updating contacts for listserv and grant log for outreach tracking.
- Recruit new participants to F2A’s Family Care Advocates program, and manage the program, supporting advocates with relational engagement, providing network opportunities, and sharing helpful tools and resources.
- Respond to outside inquiries received through email, social media, referrals, in-person contacts at conferences, and through online marketing campaigns, direct outreach, and mailing.
- Provide support for communication efforts led by Director of Programs, including but not limited to: F2A website updates, e-newsletter design and distribution, and social media content development as well as writing content including stories, blogs, and digital media posts.
- Engage church and faith-based organizations in documenting exemplary orphans and vulnerable children ministries to feature in F2A podcasts, stories, and other platforms.
- Prepare reports for F2A Leadership Council members and donors on outreach in conjunction with F2A staff.
- Must be able to travel – up to 10% – to attend conferences, team planning meetings, and other events; and must be able to travel by car, bus, train, and airplane.
- Evening and weekend hours will be required on occasion.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other responsibilities will be developed in conjunction strategic planning with the Director of Programs and Executive Director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent job related experience is required.
- At least 3 years of conducting outreach to individuals and groups.
- Experience working or volunteering with church and/or missions leadership.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Organized and proactive.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a virtual team
- Good relational skills; comfortable in church circles; able to quickly establish rapport and build trust in personal relationships.
- Skilled coordinator of events and projects—detail-oriented and able to motivate.
- Agreement with the Faith to Action’s Guiding Principles for family care.
- Ability to work collaboratively with F2A team as well as with partners and organizations from a wide range of contexts and countries.
- Strong credibility, transparent, integrity and follow through, and self-directed.
- Knowledge of key issues related to global development and best practices in missions.
- Able to work in both faith-based and non-faith based contexts.
- A persuasive communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write and speak from a Christian perspective for a Christian audience.
- Professionalism and a commitment to the highest ethical standards.
- Ability to work from home and provide self-direction and self-management.
The Outreach Coordinator interacts most frequently with the Director of Programs, Executive Director, the F2A Leadership Council and Advisory Network, pastors and other church leadership, faith-based organizational leadership, and Christian university professors and staff.
While performing the duties of this job, the Outreach Coordinator is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, speak and hear. The position requires extensive computer use so the employee must have sufficient hand dexterity to use a computer keyboard and be capable of reading a computer screen. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The position is based in a home office setting, must be located in the United States. The person must provide his or her own computer. While on travel, the person will most frequently work from hotel rooms, conference centers, and airports.