The Faith to Action Initiative serves as a resource for Christian groups, churches, and individuals seeking to respond to the needs of orphans and vulnerable children around the world.
The core focus of our work is to encourage action that is informed by evidence-based “best practice” and that recognizes and upholds the vital importance of family and community in the life of every child.
We believe that children grow best in the love and care of families. In the past, building orphanages has often been a “first response” to meeting children’s needs. Today, there is a growing movement within the Christian church to strengthen family-based care for children in need.
The Faith to Action Initiative celebrates this movement and works to support it. We offer practical tools and resources, inspiring stories and examples, and up-to-date information on key strategies and research to help guide action. We seek to engage and equip churches and individuals through our website, publications, conference workshops and webinars.
For example, we offer:
- Downloadable resource guides and small group study materials.
- Targeted resources and tools for students, mission groups, churches and field practitioners.
- A guide to research and updates on new findings regarding best practice.
- Evidence-based strategies for supporting family care for orphans and vulnerable children.
- Examples from Africa and around the world of these strategies in action.
- Inspiring stories of how churches around the United States are getting involved.
- Updates on key conferences, videos, publications, and other news.
- An instructional webinar series and podcasts.
Faith to Action is a fiscally sponsored social venture of Tides. Faith to Action is not a grant-making organization and does not issue any funds to agencies for participation.